Saturday 18 May 2013

Quick nameless update

So, I went to see The Tempest on Friday. The play takes place simultaneously over two days and over three hours, and over the course of the play, Miranda and Ferdinand meet and fall in love. Miranda has never seen a man before. Whilst Ferdinand admits that there were other women he was attracted to before Miranda (like Romeo before Juliet). And there is no indication whatsoever in this comedy to say that Shakespeare is intending the audience to disapprove of this relationship. It's treated pretty much entirely positively. I won't go into this too deeply, but I thought I'd mention it, since it pretty much reenforces the argument I made last time.

What else? Um... The leader of UKIP is a bloody moron, but that's nothing new. And I'm pretty sure that anyone who says that immigration is bad for the economy hasn't really looked into the actual economic arguments. Because um... it is really pretty clear cut.

There is a Tumblr on which I was interviewed: http://asexualistic.tumblr.com/. It has cute pictures! It was about 1AM when I did said interview, and I was kinda tired, so it's not the most coherent I've ever been, but still.

I was oing to do a full post but... I just kinda don't want to at the moment. It keeps getting all bitter and angry for no good reason. So I'll just leave it at that*.

*Oh, and I'll include this footnote. Because otherwise it's not really a proper post.

No comments:

Post a Comment